Friday, May 9, 2014

Stuffed Red Peppers





I am the self proclaimed queen of left-overs.  I don't like to toss food away. Plus I like using up
left overs in creative ways. This week I made a delicious Turkey Chili.
I had left overs and thought it would make the perfect stuffing for red peppers.
I also had a cup of brown rice from the other night.
I mixed the turkey chili with the rice and filled a couple red peppers (4 halves).

The main trick here, is to microwave the pepper halves (without the stuffing) on high for 3 minutes. Since the pepper takes too long to cook, it will expedite the process.

Compact the filling into the peppers, add some shredded cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese starts to bubble. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.
I served mine with corn bread on the side.






No comments:

Post a Comment